February Pan Hellenic Council Meeting
Time & Location
About the Event
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
The purpose of the NPHC shall be to foster cooperative actions of its members in dealing with matters of mutual concern. To this end, the NPHC promotes the well-being of its affiliate fraternities and sororities, facilitates the establishment and development of local councils of the NPHC and provides leadership training for its constituents.
In the furtherance of the Mission Statement, NPHC recognizes the following objectives:
- Assist in establishing and facilitating local councils on campuses and within communities wherein chapters of these fraternities and sororities are located.
- Serve as the communication link between/among these constituent fraternity and sororities, especially in matters such as scheduling workshops and national meetings.
- Conduct periodic workshops or training sessions with the officers of the local councils to ensure a clear understanding of common operations procedures.
- Conduct a NPHC National Convention/Undergraduate Leadership Conference of the active membership, officers and delegates of the National Pan-Hellenic Council and the constituent local councils.
- Work cooperatively with and contributes to other community groups. These include agencies such as the National Black Leadership Roundtable, National Coalition of Black Voter Participation, NAACP, Urban League, National Council of Negro Women, United Negro College Fund, National Interfraternity Conference, National Panhellenic Conference, Association of Fraternity Advisors, Fraternity Executives Association, and Congressional Black Caucus among others.
- Provide unity and economic empowerment through and by the member organizations.
- Perform such other coordinating functions as set forth within the Constitution and Bylaws of the National Pan-Hellenic Council or as determined by the Executive Board of the NPHC, Inc.